It sets these realities in the broader context of God’s purpose for all who’ve responded to His call through the gospel, and the Holy Spirit’s role in shaping the desired result and assuring our solid standing into eternity.
Interact with God’s Word
- Have you thought of yourself as chosen by the eternal Father to be a brother to His Son?
- How does knowing you are chosen make you feel?
- Why, according to verse 29, has God called you to come to Him?
- What does verse 30 tell you God gave you when He included you as a brother of Christ?
- What did Jesus do in the past (v. 34) to secure your right standing?
- What is He doing now to sustain that standing?
- Who is the guarantor (v. 33) of your right standing?
- What is the future for Jesus’ brothers and sisters?
- How should you value brothers and sisters whom Jesus died for and the Father chose?
Spend Time in Prayer: Thank God for choosing you and the brothers you relate to. Ask Him to make you each more like the divine Brother you seek to follow.
29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. 31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.