Resurrection Reverberations – Set Free
In his letter to the Colossians, Paul shows how we, too, are “set free from the evil powers of this world” (2:20). In the section we’ll look at today, he lays out the mindset that Christ’s resurrection should produce in us.
Interact with God’s Word
- What sinful desires that used to get the upper hand should you consciously consider “buried”?
- What does your new life with Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit, free you to enjoy?
- How can you “set your sights on the realities of heaven” in daily practice?
- To “let heaven fill your thoughts,” which values do you need to concentrate on? … to marginalize?
- How should knowing that your life is “hidden” with Christ—concealed and safe—give you hope for the future and confidence now?
Spend Time in Prayer
Ask God to give you an eternal perspective, eager anticipation of the joys of heaven, and until then, a resolve to live in His resurrection power.
12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to a new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead.
1 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits at God’s right hand in the place of honor and power. 2 Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth.
3 For you died when Christ died, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your real life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.