Worship Services During Lent
For many of us, we have come to assume Easter is all about chocolate and Easter bunnies, but originally it was the celebration of the Christian church to commemorate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. He did that on his own power as the God who had come into human history in human form and died on the cross to redeem people from their sins. In all of history, no one had ever made that claim before.
Because of this fact, history was split in two; the Christian church was started, and the disciples who ran away in fear after the cross became the fearless messengers of this message
Many people today believe that life goes on after death and we would agree with that, but we also think it is important to share that though we believe that God created everyone to live eternally, we won’t all live in the same neighborhood. Not only do we believe that because of Jesus we can spend eternity in heaven, but we also believe that those who do not trust Jesus will spend eternity separated from God in conscious torment forever.
Join us for our worship services during Lent and learn how you can choose to live in the neighborhood of joy forever.
Schedule of Our Lenten Worship Services
- Wednesday, February 14 – Ash Wednesday – Community worship service of all of the downtown Beaver Falls churches at First Presbyterian Church (11th Street & 8th Avenue), beginning at 7 pm
- Sunday, February 18 – The First Sunday of Lent – Central, 11 am
- Sunday, February 25 – The Second Sunday of Lent – Central, 11 am
- Sunday, March 4 – The Third Sunday of Lent – Central, 11 am
- Sunday, March 11 – The Fourth Sunday of Lent – Central, 11 am
- Sunday, March 18 – The Fifth Sunday of Lent – Central, 11 am
- Sunday, March 25 – Palm Sunday – Central, 11 am
- Thursday, March 29 – Maundy Thursday – Combined community worship service at Central at 7 pm
- Friday, March 30 – Good Friday – Combined community worship service at Central at 12 Noon.
- Sunday, April 1 – Easter Sunrise Service – Combined service with Christ’s Lutheran Church at Grandview Cemetery, 6 am (with breakfast to follow)
- Sunday, April 1 – Easter– Central, 11 am
Please join us for these special times of worship this Lent.
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” – 1 Corinthians 1:18