Lenten Devotional – Day 29
What we believe about God’s character plays a huge part in our walk of faith with Him.
In Psalm 51, David’s Psalm of repentance, David lists several of God’s qualities.
- God is merciful – “Have mercy on me, O God…”
- God’s love is unfailing – “ because of your unfailing love…”
- God is compassionate – “Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins.”
- God is our judge – “You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just.”
- God desires honesty (Truth) – “But you desire honesty from the womb, teaching me wisdom even there.”
- God purifies us from sin – “Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.”
- God forgives – “Don’t keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt.”
- God is present with us through His Spirit – “Do not banish me from your presence, and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me.”
- God’s salvation brings joy – “Restore to me the joy of your salvation…”
What other truths about God do you see in Psalm 51?