Sunday School: 10:15 am Sunday Worship: 11:30 am
At Central Church, the Mission of Worship is to provide an experience where people can connect to God and grow in their relationship to Jesus Christ – where your spirit can respond to God’s spirit.
If you feel most connected to God in a setting that employs liturgy, beautiful choral music, traditional hymns with accompaniment on the pipe organ and piano, you will be at home in the traditional worship service at Central Church.
These traditional services feature the great hymns of our faith and choral music of the highest order. The services also include acts of praise, prayers of confession, thanksgiving, proclamation, and dedication. The sermons are biblically-based and seek to emphasize spiritual growth and Christian service. These services are traditional but not stuffy, holy but not solemn, and in a large space with the feeling of a family gathering.
For more information email email@example.com or call 724-846-3474.
Worship services are held in the Sanctuary. All are welcome to participate in worship services including families with children. In the event your little one(s) finds the experience overwhelming, you are welcome to bring your child to our nursery which is staffed with two workers.
Hymnals are used for our worship music and can be found on the back of each pew. Church-wide program announcements are made, worship attendees are led in prayer, and our pastor delivers an inspiring sermon. Worship concludes with a closing hymn. Services typically last one hour.
The communion table in the United Methodist Church is open to all who profess their faith in Jesus Christ, without regard to age or church membership.
Communion is served during worship on the first Sunday of each month.
Are children welcome to attend worship services?
Absolutely! We encourage all children to attend worship. If you’re not sure how your child will behave during worship we suggest the following:
- Give it a try…never assume it won’t work.
- Be patient…we don’t mind a little noise- if it escalates- simply move to the back of the Sanctuary or bring your little one to the nursery. Remember, we all have to start our worship experience sometime!
- Small doses of worship time might work well. Maybe 20 minutes is all your little one can handle at this point in time. Not a problem. Simply bring your child down to the nursery and come back to enjoy the remainder of worship.
- Some members found that sitting in a different location each week and pointing out the different ‘sites’ prior to start of worship kept it interesting.
- Please keep your child by your side at all times. The Sanctuary, a wonderful site to behold, can be a dangerous place for a wandering little one. Stairways, candles, risers and little ones don’t mix. We want your children to be safe at all times.
Special Worship Services:
Periodically we will have changes in our worship schedule, most commonly during Advent (Christmas) & Lent (Easter). Please check our calendar for any changes.